Hehehe…just goes to show you how good natured I really am, I can still laugh after dropping 10Buyins. After 1,5 years of abstinence at Full Tilt, I decided to jump back in, because of the newest hype “Rush”. The concept has been widely discussed, so I’m assuming you know what I’m talking about.
I played around 5 hours of Rush so far and I’m really frustrated. I can’t get action on my big hands, if I do I got the second nuts running into the nuts, and I think I gave to much action on different occasions, when in reality it was totally unnecessary. Side effect of the constant action? Gambling mood? I think both are true to some extent and the fact that I’m usually a (turbo) SnG player doesn’t translate that well to cash…
Early lessons after analyzing the first 1.5k hands played:
1. It’s not worth defending the BB unless you’ve got a monster.
2. It’s not worth defending the SB either.
3. LP/Button – constantly raise, most ppl can’t be bothered to defend (see 1. and 2.) and if they do, they usually have a monster
4. Don’t be afraid to take a break every now and then – I usually only take a break after 2hours or something, but you gotta consider that I played around 300h per hour playing rush. That’s way above the usual hands/hour I play in any other game.
5. JackAce is the shiznuts. Got it 16 times, won 14 out of 16..lol…biggest winner ranked by Amount Won.
6. AQ and TT are the cash game devil…cost me a good 40 bucks running into AK, a small set or some random bs (Kx, etc)…
7. Don’t be afraid to pot, pot, pot it if you’ve got a monster…ppl are willing to fold for small bets just as they’re willing to call big if they’ve got a piece of it…and if they don’t they’ll fold anyway as the next hand is just 1s away….
I’m outta here…time to regroup and relax a little…no more poker today…